THIS IS US!
The Association of Baltimore Area Grantmakers is a statewide nonprofit association of private and community foundations, corporations, donor advised funds, giving circles, public charities and grantmaking intermediaries. The Association’s mission is to maximize the impact of giving on community life through a growing network of diverse, informed and effective philanthropists.
The Association works to engage and elevate philanthropy in Maryland as an integral force in tackling the region’s most pressing challenges. We do this through collaboration and partnership between Association members, government, business and nonprofit decision-makers. The Association acts as a catalyst for those partnerships by supporting leadership in the philanthropic community; cultivating a new generation of trustees, donors, and professional staff; engaging a diverse network of partners with philanthropy; and encouraging accessible, efficient and ethical philanthropic grantmaking practice. As a membership association, our priority is to support the philanthropic aspirations of all of our members through peer networking, high quality training and education, exposure to new funding opportunities and technical assistance.
We are looking for a well-rounded Marketing Coordinator to coordinate the Association’s communications, Salesforce system, website, and associated marketing tools. This position collaborates with ABAG staff to facilitate the Association’s core operations and strategic goals. The Marketing Coordinator supports the President in the implementation of ABAG’s external and internal communications ensuring that the ABAG “brand” is presented consistently to members, the network, and the general public while increasing the visibility of philanthropy and its impact in the region. The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for ABAG's website and Salesforce database and its integration with Association’s processes and communications.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF...
- Implement routine and strategic communications in close collaboration with the President and all members of the core staff.
- Support the Association’s Core, Consulting and Project Staff in developing targeted communications.
- Ensure the reuse of issue-based content to maximize its value to the membership and the network.
- Manage development of web and other publication content in collaboration with staff and members.
- Manage daily maintenance of the Association’s social media outreach via Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn pages.
- Coordinate media opportunities with the Association’s public relations consultant.
- Report on media contacts and quarterly positive media exposure.
- Oversee design and production of online and printed publications.
- Maintain an organized and updated library of resources, publications, and electronic archives that support the organization’s ability to serve as the go to resource for philanthropy and its partners including technical assistance, historical context, grantmaking practices, etc.
- Thoughtfully convene/engage communications and other related professionals in the Association’s network.
Salesforce CRM Administrator
- Serve as primary Salesforce CRM administrator.
- Ensure accurate execution of system functions.
- Produce advanced reports and dashboards.
- Design and implement customizations in response to the Association’s needs and goals.
- Facilitate regular updates of member information via their website accounts, monitor subscriptions to electronic mailing lists.
- Administer listserv subscriptions.
- Support Office Administrator to ensure consistent, accurate data entry.
- Provide direct support to all Association staff related to Salesforce report, mailing list queries, and other data requests as needed.
- Provide direct support to the President related to integrating member information with other operational systems.
- Provide training/technical assistance to staff as needed.
- Stay current with new releases related to current Installed Packages.
- Stay current on trends, publications and thought leaders relevant to data management.
- Serve as staff contact for all website-related questions.
- Manage technical administration of the website including integration with Salesforce and all back-end functionality.
- Ensure accurate execution of system functions.
- Participate in the United Philanthropy Forum’s Drupal-Salesforce User Group by attending weekly phone calls.
- Evaluate proposed customizations to the Drupal-Salesforce platform for their relevance to the Association’s current work and focus and suggest buy-in as needed.
- Manage all administrative aspects of the Association’s website, including but not limited to: website eCommerce (job bank, publication sales, registration fees) and work closely with the Office Administrator to ensure proper accounting.
Information Management & Organizational Support
- Develop and implement survey instruments including web-based questionnaires and interviews.
- Coordinate external survey and research requests.
- Coordinate technical assistance requests from members and network partners and ensure accurate and timely recording in Salesforce.
- Work in continuous collaboration with staff to support their strategic use of the Association’s data and tools.
- Serve as a liaison between staff and IT Support Team as needed.
- Support the CEO in managing the Association’s information technology.
- Provide support for organization-wide events.
IS THIS YOU?
- Understand and value racial equity as an organizational operating principle.
- Committed to continued learning on issues related to race, equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as analytical and research skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail in maintaining databases and publishing website content.
- Ability to manage several projects at once with excellent follow-through and ability to perform a substantial number of tasks independently.
- Salesforce Administration or comparable customer relation systems management (CRM) experience. Experience administering Salesforce in a membership association setting a plus.
- Certified Salesforce Administrator or equivalent experience (3 or more years serving as primary Salesforce System Administrator)
- Advanced proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work cooperatively, foster team spirit and maintain a sense of humor.
- Capacity and flexibility to learn and adapt new skills in a fluid work environment; good judgment and decision making ability.
- Experience with Drupal CMS.
- Experience administering integrated systems.
- Familiarity and experience with marketing in membership organizations and the nonprofit sector a plus.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work cooperatively with diverse personalities and work styles.
- Ability to strategically develop and manage initiatives.
- Ability to use technology effectively and to adapt quickly to the use of new technology.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a responsible position, preferably in membership management.
- Knowledge and experience planning and facilitating meetings, workshops, and seminars.
ABAG is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to building a diverse team and encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds.