Communications and Information Manager
This is a full-time position at the Association of Baltimore Area Grantmakers, a statewide nonprofit association of private and community foundations, corporations, donor advised funds, giving circles, public charities and grantmaking intermediaries. The Association’s mission is to maximize the impact of giving on community life through a growing network of diverse, informed and effective philanthropists. The Association's office is located in the Mt. Vernon neighborhood of Baltimore City.
The Association works to engage and elevate philanthropy in Maryland as an integral force in tackling the region’s most pressing problems. We do this through collaboration and partnership between Association members, government, business and nonprofit decision-makers. The Association acts as a catalyst for those partnerships by supporting leadership in the philanthropic community; cultivating a new generation of trustees, donors, and professional staff; engaging a diverse network of partners with philanthropy; and encouraging accessible, efficient and ethical philanthropic grantmaking practice. As a membership association our priority is to support the philanthropic aspirations of all our members through peer networking, high quality training and education, exposure to new funding opportunities and technical assistance.
The position is responsible for the effective management of the Association’s communications and information systems and tools. This position collaborates with all staff to facilitate the Association’s core operations and strategic goals. The efficient administration of the Association’s day to day communications, website and database is integral to the ability of the Association to operate efficiently and be responsive and relevant to members and partners.
Reports to: President
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The position supports the President in the implementation of ABAG’s external and internal communications insuring that the ABAG “brand” is presented consistently to members, the network and the general public while increasing the visibility of philanthropy and general understanding of its impact in the region.
The position is the primary system administrator for the Association’s website and Salesforce database. The position is responsible for the ongoing architecture and daily administration of Salesforce and its integration with the Association’s processes and communications.
The position also oversees website content and platform updates at regular intervals as needed and provides technical oversight related to the integration of the website and database through the United Philanthropy Forum’s Drupal – Salesforce Platform.
The following responsibilities are descriptive of the current policies, practices and programs of ABAG. The role of the Communications and Information Manager can change pursuant to directives of the President.
Illustrative task related to Communications are:
- Implements routine and strategic communications in close collaboration with the President and all members of the core staff.
- Supports the Association’s Core, Consulting and Project Staff in developing targeted communications.
- Ensures the reuse of issue-based content to maximize its value to the membership and the network.
- Manages development of web and other publication content in collaboration with staff and members.
- Manages daily maintenance of the Association’s social media outreach via Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn pages.
- Coordinates media opportunities with the Association’s public relations consultant.
- Reports on media contacts and quarterly positive media exposure.
- Oversees design and production of online and printed publications.
- Maintains an organized and updated library of resources, publications, and electronic archives that support the organization’s ability to serve as the go to resource for philanthropy and its partners including technical assistance, historical context, grantmaking practices, etc.
- Thoughtfully convenes/engages communications and other related professionals in the Association’s network.
The President is the principle contact for all media.
Illustrative tasks related to information management are:
- Serves as primary Salesforce system administrator.
- Ensures accurate execution of system functions.
- Produces advanced reports and dashboards.
- Designs and implements customizations in response to the Association’s needs and goals.
- Facilitates regular updates of member information via their website accounts, monitors subscriptions to electronic mailing lists.
- Administers listserv subscriptions.
- Supports Office Administrator to ensure consistent, accurate data entry.
- Provides direct support to all Association staff related to generating Salesforce reports, mailing list queries and other data requests as needed.
- Provides direct support to the President related to integrating member information with other operational systems.
- Provides training/technical assistance to staff as needed.
- Stays current with new releases related to current Installed Packages.
- Stays current on trends, publications and thought leaders relevant to data management.
Illustrative tasks related to website administration are the following:
- Serves as staff contact for all website-related questions.
- Manages technical administration of the website including integration with Salesforce and all back-end functionality.
- Ensures accurate execution of system functions.
- Participates in the United Philanthropy Forum’s Drupal-Salesforce User Group by attending weekly phone calls.
- Evaluates proposed customizations to the Drupal-Salesforce platform for their relevance to the Association’s current work and focus and suggests buy-in as needed.
- Manages all administrative aspects of the Association’s website, including but not limited to: website eCommerce (job bank, publication sales, registration fees) and works closely with the Office Administrator to ensure proper accounting.
Illustrative tasks related to general information management/organizational support are the following:
- Develops and implements survey instruments including web-based questionnaires and interviews.
- Coordinates external survey and research requests.
- Coordinates technical assistance requests from members and network partners and ensures accurate and timely recording in Salesforce.
- Works in continuous collaboration with staff to support their strategic use of the Association’s data and tools.
- Liaison between staff and IT Support Team as needed.
- Supports the Executive in managing the Association’s information technology.
- Provides support for organization-wide events.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Values racial equity as an organizational operating principle and is committed to continued learning on issues related to race, equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail in maintaining databases and publishing website content.
- Ability to manage several projects at once with excellent follow-through and ability to perform a substantial number of tasks independently.
- Salesforce Administration or comparable customer relation systems management experience.
- Advanced proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work cooperatively, foster team spirit and maintain a sense of humor.
- Comfortable developing close working relationships with a diverse group of people.
- Capacity and flexibility to learn and adapt new skills in a fluid work environment.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience administering Salesforce in a membership association setting a plus
- Experience with Drupal CMS
- Experience administering integrated systems
- B.A. or B.S. degree
- Certified Salesforce Administrator or equivalent experience (3 or more years serving as primary Salesforce System Administrator)
- Familiarity and experience with membership organizations and the nonprofit sector a plus.
Salary range begins at $55,00 annually and is commensurate with experience. Full benefits package offered. ABAG is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, please click the button below. No phone calls or emails, please.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by completing this short application form: https://abagrantmakers.tfaforms.net/58.
ABAG is an equal opportunity employer.