Membership in the Association of Baltimore Area Grantmakers is open to any private, community, operating, or corporate foundation, corporate giving program, giving circle or donor advised fund.
For information on becoming a member of ABAG, please contact Jonalyn Denlinger, Member Services Director
Organizations established with the primary purpose of grantmaking which meet the following criteria may be eligible:
- The grantmaking program is the most significant part of the organization's activities. As a guideline, grants awarded should make up at least 50% of the organization's total annual expenditures. (For corporate giving programs, the term "organization" refers to the corporate giving unit, not the entire corporation.)
- The organization accepts applications, within its funding priorities, from the general public and does not restrict its giving solely to subsidiary chapters, member organizations or affiliates, or a single institution.
- The organization's source of funding is predominantly private rather than governmental.
- The organization's primary purpose for joining the Association of Baltimore Area Grantmakers is a desire to improve its grantmaking program.
- The organization will not use its membership in the Association of Baltimore Area Grantmakers to solicit donations.
- Membership by an organization that includes federated funds shall be an institutional membership, not representation for support foundations and philanthropic funds.
The Member Services Committee, comprised of current members and Board Members, must review and approve all applicants.MEMBER CONTRIBUTIONS
Contributions are based on your organization's annual grants made in Maryland in the most recent fiscal year.
If you are interested in learning more about membership with the Association of Baltimore Area Grantmakers, please fill out the short form and we will contact you directly.