Please join your fellow Rising Leaders at ABAG for our first convening and a conversation with Susan Taylor Batten, CEO of the Association of Black Foundation Executives. Susan will be leading us in a conversation about how to lead from where we are in our organizations, how to manage up, and how to advance racial equity in our organizations and communities.
The agenda for the day:
8:00 – 8:45 AM: Meet and Greet your fellow Rising Leaders
8:45 – 9:45 AM: A Conversation with Susan Taylor Batten
9:45 – 10:00 AM: Quick break and recharge your meter
10:00 – 10:30 AM: Q and A- small group discussions
10:30 – 10:45 AM: Closing and Next Steps
Some of you may be wondering - Am I a Rising Leader? And what do the Rising Leaders at ABAG do?
Who are Rising Leaders?
· New to philanthropy OR
· New to their role OR
· Looking for professional development, peer engagement, or mentoring
What do Rising Leaders at ABAG do?
· Professional development
· Peer networking
· Formal and informal connections with senior/experienced staff at foundations
· Safe space to discuss advancement and leadership opportunities within philanthropy
· Discusses trends in philanthropy
· Discusses key issues in the social impact sector
· Explores deeper understanding and actions to advance equity (racial, wealth building, gender, sexuality, etc)
· Broadly engages the social sector for co-learning opportunities
· Resource and expertise sharing
What does convening look like?
· Breakfast Clubs
· Happy Hour
· Brown Bag/Lunches
· Meetings throughout the state for 1/2 day professional development trainings
Who is on the Rising Leaders advisory committee?
· Michael Arnst, Blaustein Philanthropic Group
· Tiffany Callender, The Horizon Foundation
· Jonalyn Denlinger, ABAG
· Elvis Guzman, The Abell Foundation
· Kerry McHugh, The Helen J Serini Foundation
· Megan Milliken, Town Creek Foundation
· Deb Seltzer, Maryland Legal Services Corporation
· Kim Snipes, ABAG
Please join us for our first Rising Leaders event!
This program is for ABAG members and invited guests only.